At Kardia, we offer both individual and group supervision. Group supervision is a complement to, rather than substitute for, one-to- one supervision, though it may reduce the frequency with which one-to-one supervision is needed. In 2021, all group supervision sessions will be conducted online via Zoom.
Format of Group Supervision
Groups will have a minimum of 4 people, maximum of 6. We will meet monthly for 90 minutes. This facilitated group supervision will include a contemplative pace and a place to reflect deeply on your spiritual direction practice.
– We will begin each session with reflection and a check in (related to your ministry of spiritual direction) from each group member
– group members will be invited to bring a case study or an aspect of their spiritual direction practice that they would like to explore
– all participants have an opportunity to respond to what they’re hearing
– group members will be encouraged to accompany with compassion those parts of us that get triggered as we offer spiritual direction and receive supervision
– group members will have the opportunity to ask consultation questions about their own practice
What is it like to meet virtually on-line? We will all be able to see and hear one another at all times, though people who aren’t talking will mute themselves to keep noise to a minimum.
Participants will be asked to commit to sign up for ten sessions together
– After initial sign-ups, we will be a closed group, receiving no new members
– We will discern after 10 months whether we’d like to continue to move forward together.
– At that 10 month mark, we will also discern whether or not we’d like to add new group members
For the on-line group you will need
– a free Zoom account at zoom.us
– an internet connection
– a computer (or an internet-connected phone)
– a camera (which is probably already built in to your computer or phone. If not, one can be purchased that plugs into a USB port)
– headphones you can plug in to your computer or phone
– you will be sent a link to connect to the meetings upon sign up
Note: we will schedule time for a short technology meeting sometime prior to our first group supervision. That we we can get everyone up to speed on Zoom so that technology won’t interrupt our process.