At Kardia, we offer both individual and group supervision for spiritual directors. Group supervision is a complement to, rather than substitute for, one-to- one supervision, though it may reduce the frequency with which one-to-one supervision is needed. In 2024, all group supervision sessions will be conducted online via Zoom.
Cost : $395 for the year (10 Sessions). It is important that you are able to commit to the group for the full year program
Dates: Will be set when groups convene.
To enquire about group supervision please contact Kardia or download an application form now Kardia online Group Spiritual Direction Application Form
Format of Group Supervision
Groups will have a minimum of 4 people, maximum of 6. We will meet monthly for 90 minutes. This facilitated group supervision will include a contemplative pace and a place to reflect deeply on your spiritual direction practice.
– We will begin each session with reflection and a check in (related to your ministry of spiritual direction) from each group member
– group members will be invited to bring a case study or an aspect of their spiritual direction practice that they would like to explore
– all participants have an opportunity to respond to what they’re hearing
– group members will be encouraged to accompany with compassion those parts of us that get triggered as we offer spiritual direction and receive supervision
– group members will have the opportunity to ask consultation questions about their own practice
What is it like to meet virtually on-line? We will all be able to see and hear one another at all times, though people who aren’t talking will mute themselves to keep noise to a minimum.
Participants will be asked to commit to sign up for ten sessions together
– After initial sign-ups, we will be a closed group, receiving no new members
– We will discern after 10 months whether we’d like to continue to move forward together.
– At that 10 month mark, we will also discern whether or not we’d like to add new group members
For the on-line group you will need
– a free Zoom account at zoom.us
– an internet connection
– a computer (or an internet-connected phone)
– a camera (which is probably already built in to your computer or phone. If not, one can be purchased that plugs into a USB port)
– headphones you can plug in to your computer or phone
– you will be sent a link to connect to the meetings upon sign up
Note: we will schedule time for a short technology meeting sometime prior to our first group supervision. That we we can get everyone up to speed on Zoom so that technology won’t interrupt our process.